Traveling Exhibition:Osaka City University
Windowology is a project through which we have been exploring windows academically together with researchers and architects. If we had to describe what windows are now based what we have accumulated so far, we might loosely define them as "things that accompany us in our daily lives and bring joy to our living activities". This exhibition regards the knowledge and sensibilities surrounding windows as elements of a universal culture and turns a fresh eye on the appeal of windows.
* The exhibition will travel to universities nationwide. Please scroll down to the "Traveling Exhibition" section for more information.
- 1. Leandro Erlich, "Window and Ladder – Too Late to Ask for Help", 2008 © Lorenzo Flaschl, Courtesy of Galleria Continua
- 2. Yoshiharu Tsukamoto Laboratory (Tokyo Institute of Technology), Window Workology, 2014
- 3. Yusuke Kamata, "D Construction Atlas", 2014 © Omote Nobutada
- 4. Takashi Homma, La Tourette Monastery, France, 2017
- 5. Taro Igarashi Laboratory (Tohoku University), Window History, 2007
- 6. Hiroshi Hara (Hiroshi Hara + Atelier Φ), Window Narratology, 2008
Thu., September 28, 2017, 19:00–20:30
[ Speakers ] Hiroshi Hara (Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo / Hiroshi Hara + Atelier Φ),
Leandro Erlich (Artist),
Taro Igarashi (Professor, Tohoku University / Architectural and Critic / General Supervisor of Windowology / Director of Windowology Exhibition)
[ Venue ] Spiral Cafe (Spiral, 1F)